Many thanks to Dr. Don Zeigler, who passed this on through APHA’s Trade and Health Forum listserv. In a recent episode of Last Week Tonight (har), John Oliver explains how the tobacco industry is compensating for the fall in smoking rates here in the US by utilizing impressively convoluted international legal tactics and taking its business to developing countries in its usual style – shady as hell. The video is long (about 18 minutes), but is seriously worth every second.
Who We Are
IH Section on TwitterMy Tweets
- NYT on the relationship between health and climate change: unraveling the science is “tricky” but the risks are real
- WHO Video: Touchy-feely response to harsh international criticism?
- Guest Blog: Sepsis – A Neglected Global Killer (CUGH)
- Cultural Challenge of Female Genital Circumcision by M.L. Tatum
- The Severity of Racial Health Inequities