Many thanks to Dr. Don Zeigler, who passed this on through APHA’s Trade and Health Forum listserv. In a recent episode of Last Week Tonight (har), John Oliver explains how the tobacco industry is compensating for the fall in smoking rates here in the US by utilizing impressively convoluted international legal tactics and taking its business to developing countries in its usual style – shady as hell. The video is long (about 18 minutes), but is seriously worth every second.
Who We Are
IH Section on TwitterMy Tweets
- Guest Blog: Sepsis – A Neglected Global Killer (CUGH)
- Cultural Challenge of Female Genital Circumcision by M.L. Tatum
- The Severity of Racial Health Inequities
- Guest Blog: Second Annual Global Social Service Workforce Alliance Symposium at the US Institute of Peace
- It’s (UN) official: South Korea’s mandatory HIV testing for foreigners is racial discrimination