Open Committee and Working Group Positions
The IH Section is always looking for interested members who want to get more involved in its activities throughout the year. We are eager to connect members with committees and working groups that interest them! Volunteers are encouraged to collaborate on multiple initiatives, and self-starters will find that there is a place for them in just about any aspect of what we do. Below you will find a summary of open positions or roles that our committees and working groups are seeking to fill. If you are interested in getting involved or learning more, please reach out to the committee/working group chair.
The Advocacy/Policy Committee is seeking members to assist with drafting Section policy proposals and contribute to goals and strategies to engage Section members in global health advocacy work. Please contact Kevin Sykes for more information.
The Global Health Connections Working Group is seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- “Student/Young Professional Transition Plan Project” Coordinator, to work with the IHSC and IH Leadership to develop a road map for students and young professionals to become more involved in the IH Section; and
- “Connecting Colleagues Project” Coordinator, to work to develop methods to increase communication with IH Section members outside of the Annual Meeting.
Please contact Theresa Majeski for more information.
The Program Committee is seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Reviewers to assess and score abstract submissions for the Annual Meeting; and
- Moderators who are attending the Annual Meeting to moderate oral and invited sessions.
Please contact Jirair Ratevosian for more information.
The Communications Committee is seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Regular Contributor for IH Connect: Regular contributors write up original analysis, commentary, or education on global health topics for our blog once a month. Regular contributors will also help to regularly maintain the IH website by posting relevant section news, events, webinars, workshops, etc. 4+ hours per month, 6 month minimum commitment.
- New Media Program, Development: We are exploring the use of short podcasts, webinars, and videos to provide interesting and original analysis, commentary, or education to our IH Section members. Program volunteers will help us develop our new media program. 5+ hours a month, 6 month minimum commitment.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.