Attention students and young professionals! Below is a summer internship opportunity. The application deadline is May 1. The original posting can be found here. You will need to register with Devex to submit an application, but it is free.
The Multilateral Investment Fund of the Inter-American Development Bank (“the MIF”) seeks a summer intern to work in the Access to Basic Services unit.
Description of Functions/Activities
Design and prepare projects, under the Access to Basic Services Area and the “Provision of Basic Services to Poor Populations” agenda comprising basic services for the poor and that engage the private sector including developing models and financing:
- Develop, elaborate, edit or process project documents through the project cycle
- Monitor and follow-up on project implementation and results
Prepare, research and collect data related to provision of basic services to low income populations and support solicitation of additional funding from Bilateral Trust Funds
In collaboration and coordination with the Knowledge Management Unit, organize Seminars/Workshops in Washington and the LAC Region related to the Access to Basic Services Area, which includes:
- Help identifying, selecting and contacting expert speakers for the events
- Help in promoting events and preparing event material
- Develop and maintain event agendas and other documents related to an event
- Coordinate communications with speakers, moderators and other institutions
- Develop content for the MIF website and intranet
- Update guidelines for speakers and moderators and other event documents
- Update the database and mailing lists as needed, compiling information of existing contacts and adding new one
- Aid in coordination of logistics as needed
Knowledge Dissemination Program related to Access to Basic Services:
- Help in the update of the website
- Help in the preparation of brochures, presentations and other materials related to Access to Basic Services programs and services
- Conceive, prepare and support the dissemination of knowledge projects to contribute to Learning, Communicating, and Catalyzing (LCC) and systemic impact
Compensation commensurate with experience.