UPDATED: Please note that the date has changed from June 13 to June 27.
Please join us for our next bi-monthly conference call! The IH Section is hosting its topic-focused conference call for the month of June. The call will be held on Monday, June 27 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EST. This call will be hosted by section members Miriam Labbock and Laura Altobelli, who will be discussing current developments in maternal, neonatal, and child health (MCNH). The call will include:
- Brief presentation of the APHA policy resolution proposal submitted by the IHS entitled, “Call to Action to Reduce Global Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Morbidity and Mortality”
- Update on the Millenium Development Goals 4 and 5
- An update on breastfeeding and child spacing as essential MNCH interventions
- Update on the Global Alliance to Prevent Prematurity and Stillbirth
- Partnership for Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health – what it does and how one can get involved
- Trends in US government funding levels for global MNCH
You are welcome to submit comments and questions for the speakers; however, we ask that you submit them in advance so that the panel can present them to the speaker. This will allow us to keep things organized. Please e-mail questions for the speakers to jmkeralis [at] gmail [dot] com by Friday, June 24 at 8 p.m. EST.
TOPIC: Current Developments in Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health (MCNH)
DATE AND TIME: Monday, June 27, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST
PHONE NUMBER: (712) 432-1001 (please note that this is not a toll-free number)