Are you interested in the call for “Health for All”? Don’t miss out on an exciting conference, and register for our special ONE Day Community Based Primary Health Care (CBPHC) Pre-conference workshop on Saturday October 29th from 8AM to 5 PM in Denver, Colorado Convention Center, Room 401-403.
Workshop leaders include internationally renowned practioners in global health including Dr. Susan Rifkin, Dr. Henry Perry, Thomas Davis, and Dr. Gretchen Bergren, who have all worked internationally to reduce health inequities.
Register here. The cost is only $35 for the whole day, and $25 students.
- Community empowerment and health: Keynote Speaker, Dr. Susan Rifkin
- Evidence for CBPHC and Improved Health, Dr. Henry Perry
- Breakout sessions on:
- Measurement of community empowerment
- CHWs and the role of community empowerment
- Empowering fathers and the social determinants of health
- Tools for empowerment: care groups, gender, and interpersonal psychotherapy for groups
- Poster session: Student abstracts
- Training of trainers session on positive deviance hearth: a strengths-based approach to reducing malnutrition in low resource settings: Dr. Gretchen Berggren
Pre-conference workshop sponsored by the APHA CBPHC Working Group, International Health Section.
Contact: CBPHC working group (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit our website for all the latest information on CBPHC, the conference, and the call for student abstracts below.
Call for Student Abstracts in Community Based Primary Health Care
Does your research or program implementation include community based participatory methods?
Want to receive feedback from / network with world renowned health care professionals who apply groundbreaking community-based participatory methods on the ground?
You could be eligible to share your research at the 2016 APHA Pre-Conference Community Based Primary Health Care (CBPHC) Workshop!
To learn more, check out our website!