Position Type: Intern, Asia and Eastern Europe
Location: Washington, DC
PSI seeks candidates for the position of Intern to support program management functions in its Asia and Eastern Europe division. This part-time position is based in Washington, D.C., and reports to the Program Manager.
Duties include, but are not be limited to:
- Researching selected topics (e.g. health, marketing, communications)
- Performing financial/data analysis
- Editing and formatting reports and other project or presentation documentation
- Assisting in proposal writing and editing
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Assisting with travel arrangements and expense report preparation
- Responding to internal and external requests for information
- Assisting in preparation and tracking of budgets and expenditures
- Tracking procurement and logistics
- Fulfilling other programmatic and administrative functions as required
- BA in a related area of study
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office application, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
The original posting can be viewed here. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Below is an internship opportunity with Population Services International (PSI). The original posting can be found here.
Job Title: Overseas Financial Operations Group Intern (Washington, DC)
PSI seeks applicants for the position of intern to support its internal audit function (Overseas Financial Operations Group, ‘OFOG’). This position reports to the Director and is based in Washington DC. This position will require approximately 30-40 hours per week starting in June.
- Compile database of current internal audit reports;
- Assist in the process for following up on the implementation status of recommendations;
- Assist in monitoring the receipt of completed audit files from the internal audit team;
- Assist in miscellaneous administrative support; and
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Prefer currently enrolled senior of an auditing, accounting or related undergraduate degree;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively interact with management and individuals with varying degree of financial knowledge;
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Office application, including word and excel)
The successful candidate will have an interactive nature, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, and attention to detail.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
The PSI Healthy Lives Blog has begun running a daily global health news summary called “The Healthy Dose,” written by Mark Leon Goldberg and Tom Murphy (who also blogs about development at A View from the Cave).
STUDENTS AND YOUNG PROFESSIONALS: The Global Health Corps is currently accepting applications for its Global Health Fellows Program, which comes highly recommended by just about everyone I have heard mention it.
February 6 was International No Tolerance Day to Female Genital Mutilation.
The Vatican will host an international conference in May on preventing AIDS and caring for those afflicted with it amid continued confusion over its position concerning condoms as a way to prevent HIV transmission.
The Global Fund announced the launch of new anti-corruption measures after intense scrutiny from donors following stories on fraud investigations by The Associated Press. Meanwhile, debate and public controversy over the AP’s presentation of the story rages on.
The discovery of a new type of mosquito, a subgroup of Anopheles gambiae (the species which transmits malaria), is causing concern among scientists because it appears to be very susceptible to the malaria parasite.
Bill Gates is becoming frantic in his pursuit to eradicate polio. In addition to making it the cornerstone of his 2011 annual letter, he held a webcast event last week, campaigned for funds at Davos, and is needling governments to donate funds for a “final push.” He is also beginning to irk some, who say he is distorting other priorities.